BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday 15 February 2012

SADNESS

I stood and I watched as a mother cried, 
when she had heard that her son had died.
He didn't die because he was sick, 
or he didn't die because he was in a wreck.
He died doing what he felt was right. 

I watched a father try to hold back his tears,
His son had lived only a scant 19 years. 
His son had died nine thousand miles away,
And what was there left for a father to say? 
He got down on his knees and said a prayer,
His brave son knows his father did care. 

I stood and watched as a little girl cried. 
She didn't understand why her brother had passed on;
Why he never again played with her on the lawn. 
Looking at the little girl's tears I knew,
That her big brother died fighting for you and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment